Mid Mountain Heating & Cooling is a Trane Comfort Specialist that has been around since 1988. We’re a family-owned and operated business that specializes in heating installations, repairs, replacements and maintenance. Our number one value is honesty, and we’ll always treat your home with respect when you welcome us inside.
Cutting-edge technology goes a long way to save you money and improve your lifestyle. Older furnaces can be retrofitted with new technology for better heating and improved safety. We’ll help you weigh the costs of repairing your existing system against replacing it entirely. Older models have an efficiency rating between 56 and 70%. New models rate as high as 98.5%. When you figure in the savings, replacement makes sense. Our service technicians specialize in heater repairs and replacements.
Here are some common symptoms of an ailing furnace:
- It’s 12 to 15 years old.
- It doesn’t keep you warm.
- It requires frequent repairs.
- Heating cycles are irregular.
- Energy costs are rising for seemingly no reason.
- It makes unusual noises or emits a foul odor.
Quality equipment has a significant impact on energy efficiency, so get the most out of it. The whole-house approach helps shoulder the burden put on the heater. You can save around 30% in heating costs by boosting your insulation, sealing air leaks and making other changes throughout the house. Little things make a world of difference:
- Clean or replace furnace filters as recommended by your heating contractor.
- Get a programmable thermostat and lower it when sleeping and working.
- Make sure that drapes, rugs or furniture aren’t blocking the supply vents.
- Turn off bath and kitchen exhaust fans within 20 minutes of use.
- Open the window coverings on south-facing windows during the day.
- When you turn off the oven, leave the door open as it cools.
Maintenance helps your heater operate efficiently, and we can help maintain yours. To schedule a heating service in Appalachia, Big Stone Gap, Coeburn, East Stone Gap, Norton, Pennington Gap, Pound, Saint Paul, Wise or the surrounding areas, contact our team today. We perform background checks and drug tests on all our employees.